Kyosho 31828 Inferno GT2 Aston Martin DBR9 Team Gulf ReadySet On-Road RTR Nitro Car RC Model Car
The Kyosho Inferno GT created a buzz in the RC world and is one of the best selling RTR Nitro kits of all time! The craze has even created Spec classes and many On-Road racers to move over to the Inferno GT due to its bullet proof design and inexpensive parts. All this with 70+ Mph top speeds and incredible handling, only a few seconds off per lap compared to the fastest racing kits with expensive upgrades and engines.
This has given us an updated and even better all around car with the New Kyosho Inferno GT2! With many upgrade and stock parts being shared with the off-road MP777 and 7.5 series of cars, availability is excellent and there are tuns of options. Probably the only On-road racing kit that can withstand full speed rolls and crashes without any breakage!
The new GT2 is the latest in a popular series of big 1:8 scale nitro-powered cars based on the 7-time IFMAR World Champion Inferno off-road line from Kyosho. The Inferno series has been at the center of the RC racing universe for over 20 years and is the standard by which all other cars are judged. Much of the same technology that earned an unprecedented seven World Championships is incorporated into the design of this new on-road Inferno. The GT2 builds on the popular features of the original GT and adds a number of new features that increase value, durability, user friendliness and speed, not to mention enhancing its unmatched scale appearance.
Just 28 of the 107 McLaren F1 supercars produced in the 90’s were allocated for the “GTR” racing program, which included the F1 GTR of Kokusai Kaihatsu Racing. In 1995 during its first year racing the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the F1 GTR dominated the entire field including the prototypes, which are usually the overwhelming favorites to win. The Kaihatsu Racing entry won the overall championship and the F1 GTR took four of the top five overall finishing positions. Recognizing the importance of the victory and its historical significance, McLaren took the car back to their facility and it was never raced again. The newest version of the Inferno GT2 features a faithful reproduction of this legendary McLaren F1 GTR. The body is factory licensed by McLaren to ensure the quality and appearance meets the demanding McLaren standards.
More factory racer replicas are also on the way for the unique GT2 chassis. All replica bodies are factory licensed, which means the GT2 meets a much higher standard than other products that are generic and unlicensed.
• Two-speed transmission with high-speed gears - Speed has always been synonymous with the Inferno GT, but the automatic two-speed transmission and the new gears in the GT2 take speed to a whole new level. The transmission features a 21/40T second gear combination, which gives the GT2 a 6.3:1 final drive ratio in second gear, up from 7.49:1 in the original GT. That translates to an increase in top speed and less wear and tear on the engine because it doesn't have to rev so fast to achieve a class-leading top-speed. The GT2 is easily capable of 55 mph as the car is equipped out of the box, and speeds upwards of 70 mph or more with slight modifications.
• Long wheelbase chassis - One of the key elements of the new GT2 is the long wheelbase chassis. It's stretched for performance as well as appearance. The longer wheelbase adds stability at high speed, and still turns aggressively when needed. The extra length also makes the proportions more scale than the original GT, which is evident the stunning looks of the Red Bull Audi A4 and the Pratt & Miller C6R Corvette. • 150cc Fuel Tank - Longer run times are always a plus, and the GT2 includes a big 150cc fuel tank for run time of up to 15 minutes. The tank features a quick-fill spring loaded top, so you can refuel while the engine is running so you can race around until the sun goes down.
• Powerful 4.6cc big block engine - Powering the IGT2 is a big 4.6cc (.28 c.i.) pull start engine (GXR28SG). This new engine features modifications to increase performance and value. In addition to the standard features offered in the original GXR28 engine, the "SG" model includes an "SG" or pilot-type crankshaft. The crankshaft results in better performance because the clutch is perfectly aligned with the engine, and it makes it easier to install a high-performance aftermarket engine. No additional parts are required to install an aftermarket engine to the chassis - simply bolt in your new engine and exhaust and you're ready to go. Port timing modifications increase power output for even better performance, and the new cooling head keeps temps low and performance high.
• New radio and high-torque servos - A new two-channel radio is included with the GT2. The radio features throttle and steering trim adjustments, dual-rate to simultaneously increase or reduce left and right steering travel, and servo reversing switches for both channels. The servos are the high-torque variety with powerful 90 oz./in. of torque.
• Double A-arm suspension - The suspension features double A-arms, which is the same type of suspension used on the world's most sophisticated performance machines. It's adjustable and durable, so you can tune the suspension for better performance and have the confidence that it's going to hold up even under extreme conditions. The IGT2 also has the new feature of turnbuckle linkages on the upper suspension arms and the steering linkage rods. That means you can adjust toe angle and camber on the front and rear without removing a single part.
• Composite oil shocks with dual O-rings seals and threaded spring pre-load adjusters - Stronger standard springs and heavier damping keep the GT2 rolling flat and fast through the corners. All the aluminum parts are anodized to match the rest of the parts on the chassis.
• Shaft drive system - The differentials and drive gears (except the two-speed transmission) are contained with the bulkheads, which protects the drivetrain from debris. It's a more advanced and durable drive system than belt drive, which requires less maintenance and produces superior performance.
• Double disc Brakes - Two vented steel disc brake rotors provide the extra stopping power needed for such a high-performance machine. The vented rotors keep the brakes running cooler and the metal-backed fiber brake pads provide smooth stopping power.
• New, smaller 34mm flywheel and clutch bell bearings - The 34 mm flywheel is 10mm smaller than that which was included on the original GT. The smaller size allows the use of conventional engine mounts, which are standard on the GT2, the smaller flywheel also fits a pilot-type crankshaft, which allows easy installation of high-performance aftermarket engines. Additionally, the smaller flywheel size reduces overall mass and most importantly, rotating mass for improved acceleration. Ball bearings in the clutch bell replace the needle bearings previously featured in the original GT. Ball bearings last longer and are easier to replace.
• Turnbuckle Linkages - The suspension and steering linkages feature turnbuckles, which allows for quick adjustments to the camber and steering toe angles. All that's needed is a 5.5mm wrench to make any adjustment on the spot - there's no need to detach or move anything to facilitate an adjustment. • Full factory assembly - The IGT2 is almost completely factory assembled. Trained technicians build the car from the ground up, so it's virtually ready to go right out of the box - even the body is painted, expertly detailed and the decals are installed exactly as you see it on box. Simply add fuel and some alkaline batteries needed to power the transmitter, receiver and glow igniter and you're ready for action.
Long wheelbase chassis
High performance GXR28SG engine w/ pilot shaft
New radio with high-torque servos
New cylinder head - lighter and runs cooler
Standard engine mounts
150cc fuel tank
Updated high-speed gears in transmission
New flywheel and clutch bell bearings
Double disc brakes
Front chassis brace included
Stronger shock springs and heavier damping
Compatible with all popular after market engines
Newly designed pull-starter handl
Specifications: (Corvette C6R)
Length: 20.28 in. (515mm)
Width: 12.2 in. (310mm)
Height: 5.31 in. (135mm)
Wheelbase: 14.17 in. (360mm)
Tread (F/R): 10.31/10.43 in. (262/265mm)
Tire size: 3.82x1.89 in. (97x48mm)
Gear Ratio: 10.14:1/6.3:1 (1st/2nd)
Weight: approx. 8 lbs. 1 oz. (3650g)
Ready Set Contents
Fully assembled chassis complete with linkages and 2-channel 2-servo R/C system
Complete body, painted and decaled as shown
PERFEX KT6 transmitter
Required For Operation
12 AA-size batteries for R/C system
2 D-size batteries for glow ignite